Join us for community sessions with FIU presidential candidate Dr. Kenneth A. Jessell
October 4, 2022
Dear members of the university community,
As FIU moves forward with the presidential search process, the university is hosting a series of community sessions next week to give all stakeholders an opportunity to interact directly with Dr. Kenneth A. Jessell, the candidate recommended by the Presidential Search Committee to become FIU’s sixth president.
Community sessions will take place on Tuesday, October 11 and Wednesday, October 12 at GC Ballrooms at MMC, as well as on Zoom and through the FIU webcast. Below is the full schedule:
Tuesday, October 11
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. Leadership Session (Vice presidents and deans)
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Faculty Session (Faculty Senate and members of the faculty)
- 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. General Session #1 with Q&A (Faculty, staff, and students)
Wednesday, October 12
- 10 a.m. General Session #2 with Q&A (Faculty, staff, and students)
- 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. Student Session (SGA and all students)
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Community Session (Foundation Board and volunteer boards, alumni, and members of the community)
If you are unable to attend your designated session, you are welcome to attend one of the General Sessions. Please note any member of the community will be able to view all sessions via Zoom or FIU webcast.
I encourage the entire FIU community to participate, share ideas and ask questions. Your input is instrumental to this process. Invitations for each session are forthcoming.
Transcripts from each session will be made available to members of the FIU Board of Trustees in advance of the meeting on October 17, when the Board is expected to consider the Presidential Search Committee’s recommendation.
Thank you for your cooperation as we work together to identify FIU’s next leader.
Chair, FIU Presidential Search Committee
Vice-Chair, FIU Board of Trustees